Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Kentucky Gov. Bevin Suspends Order Restoring Voting Rights to Felons


Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin issued an Executive order Tuesday suspending former Gov. Steve Beshear’s restoration of voting rights to non-violent felony offenders.

“Today, I took action to uphold several commitments I made during my campaign so that we can implement real solutions that will help the people of Kentucky,” said Governor Bevin. “While I have been a vocal supporter of the restoration of rights, for example, it is an issue that must be addressed through the legislature and by the will of the people. As we move into the New Year and upcoming session, I look forward to working with legislators and stakeholders to build consensus and drive policy that makes a meaningful impact on the lives of all Kentuckians”

The order does not affect anyone whose rights have already been restored.











NYC Wins When Everyone Can Vote! Michael H. Drucker
Digg! StumbleUpon

No comments: