Friday, January 26, 2024

Justice Department Finds NY Gov. Cuomo Sexually Harassed Employees


The U.S. Justice Department, concluded former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D), Sexually Harassed more than a Dozen State Employees, according to a Settlement announced Friday, that Confirmed Allegations from the damaging Misconduct Probe that led to His Resignation.

The Settlement between New York and the Justice Department (DOJ), resolves the Federal Agency's Sexual Harassment Investigation of Cuomo, and Outlines additional Steps the State will take to Change how it handles Misconduct Complaints.

Cuomo, once a rising star in the Democratic Party, left Office in 2021 after a Report by Attorney General Letitia James (D), concluded He Sexually harassed at least 11 Women. He has Denied wrongdoing and argued James' Report was driven by Politics, intended to force Him from Office, so She could run for Governor.

The DOJ Investigation found a similar Pattern of Sexual Misconduct by Cuomo, and said He subjected at least 13 State Employees to a Sexually Hostile Work Environment.

It said Cuomo’s Staffers Failed to adequately Report Allegations, and Retaliated against Four Momen who raised Complaints. The Agency did Not release a Full Report detailing its Investigation, but instead published a List of its Findings.

The Settlement undercut Cuomo's long-standing Criticism of James' Probe at a Sensitive time, with Cuomo rumored to be considering a Political comeback.

“Today, the U.S. Department of Justice found that Andrew Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women and created a hostile work environment, confirming what the New York attorney general’s independent report found over two years ago,” a Spokesperson for James said. “Andrew Cuomo can continue to deny the truth and attack these women, but the facts do not lie."

An Attorney for Cuomo said in a Statement, that the former Governor did Not Sexually Harass anyone.

“The DOJ ‘investigation’ was based entirely on the NYS Attorney General’s deeply flawed, inaccurate, biased, and misleading report. At no point did DOJ even contact Governor Cuomo concerning these matters. This is nothing more than a political settlement with no investigation,” said Cuomo Attorney Rita Glavin.

As part of the Settlement, the State will set up a Process for People to Lodge Complaints against Senior Officials to a Third-Party Law firm, and will provide Additional Training on how to Report Harassment and Discrimination.

In addition, the Governor's Office will establish a Program dedicated to Monitoring potential Retaliation against People who File Complaints.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D), who was Lieutenant Governor until Cuomo Resigned, said She looks forward to continuing to Reform the State’s Procedures for Aaddressing and Preventing Sexual Harassment and Retaliation.

“The moment I took office, I knew I needed to root out the culture of harassment that had previously plagued the Executive Chamber and implement strong policies to promote a safe workplace for all employees, and took immediate action to do so,” Hochul said.









NYC Wins When Everyone Can Vote! Michael H. Drucker


Giuliani Bankruptcy Case Wants Trump to Pay His Creditors


The same day Trump was Hhit with a Massive Defamation Verdict in Writer E. Jean Carroll's Defamation Case, it was reported that Trump could be Sued on behalf of Rudy Giuliani in Connection with His Bankruptcy.

A Bankruptcy Court filing dated Friday, shows that "possible claim for unpaid legal fees against Donald J. Trump" was written when the Form Specific information on Contingent Claims.

Former Federal Prosecutor Ron Filipkowski, flagged the Filing, saying it "just keeps getting better."

"Now Trump will have to pay Rudy's Creditors, since His unpaid legal fees to Rudy are one of Rudy's assets in his bankruptcy," He wrote Friday.

Political Strategist Simon Rosenberg also chimed in, saying, "My God there's a whole new potential legal problem for Trump and Republicans - he stiffed Rudy."









NYC Wins When Everyone Can Vote! Michael H. Drucker


Trump Ordered To Pay E. Jean Carroll $83.3 Millions & $5 Million From Prior Trial


Trump must pay Writer E. Jean Carroll, $83.3 million for defaming Her in 2019, after she Accused him of Rape in a department store in the 1990s, and for Defaming Her a number of times.

This Jury determined that Trump must pay $18.3 million in Compensatory Damages and $65 million in Punitive Damages.

A former Jury last year, found Trump liable for Sexually Assaulting then Defaming Carroll, awarding Her $5 million in Damages.

The Total Trump will have to Pay is $88.3 million for Reputation Repair, plus Compensatory, and Punitive Damages.

Trump will Appeal.

The Current Jury of Nine New Yorkers, including a former School Teacher, a Transit Worker, and a Property Manager, rendered a Verdict after Deliberating for just under Three hours.









NYC Wins When Everyone Can Vote! Michael H. Drucker


Veterans Group Launches Ad Against Trump In PA


A Liberal Veterans PAC, will launch an Ad in Pennsylvania Markets Sunday, targeting Trump over His past Comments about Veterans.

The 60-second Ad by VoteVets, features Gold Star Parents going after Trump, for having in the Past called Veterans “Losers” and “Suckers.”

The Ad opens with a Shot of a Military Cemetery, and placed over it. is a Quote attributed to Trump: “Why should I go to that cemetery, it’s filled with losers.” In 2020. Trump said this related to Canceling a Visit to a World War I Eemetery in France. Trump said the Report was False. It was later corroborated by John Kelly, who was Trump’s Chief of Staff at the time, of the Disputed Comments.

Following in the Ad are Comments from Parents who Lost Children to War.

“My stepson was not a loser,” a Gold Star Parent Narrates. Later, She says, “My stepson was not a sucker.” “My son is not a loser,” another Mother says. “My son Matthew is not a loser,” a Father says.

The Ad highlights Two Servicemen who died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Later, their Gold Star Parents Blast Trump, calling Him “The Real Loser.”

“Lance Cpl. Alexander Scott Arredondo died in Najaf, Iraq, in 2004,” a Gold Star Parent says of Her Stepson in the Ad.

Another Parent follows: “My son, Sgt. James Anthony Ayube II, gave his life in Kandahar, Afghanistan, in 2010. … That is something Donald Trump will never know.”

The Ad ends with: “My message to Donald Trump is this, you have no right. You’re the real loser here.”

It will be Broadcast during Sunday’s NFL Conference Championship between the Detroit Lions and San Francisco 49ers. The Six-figure Ad Buy will Run in the Pittsburgh, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, and Harrisburg Markets.

In 2020, Biden Won Pennsylvania, flipping the Battleground State Blue, with about a 1.2% Margin.

This is the First VoteVets Ad buy in this Election Cycle. The Group was One of the Biggest Spenders in the 2022 cycle, dropping $24,473,501 on Independent Expenditures, according to Money-in-Politics Watchdog OpenSecrets.

VoteVets.org Action Fund, the Group’s Nonprofit arm, was Active during the 2020 Election. The Affiliate spent $24,800 in Independent Expenditures supporting Biden and $92,461 Opposing Trump.

Rep. Brian Mast (R-FL, 21st District), the Chairman of Veterans for Trump Coalition, responded on behalf of Trump’s Campaign. The Congressman called the VoteVets a “shill” Group that put out a “Vile” Ad and Blasted Biden.

“First and foremost, it cites a refuted claim debunked by senior officials who were in the room years ago,” Mast said in a Statement sent out out by the Trump Campaign. “Recycling this fake news is made worse by exploiting the pain of family members of fallen soldiers.”









NYC Wins When Everyone Can Vote! Michael H. Drucker


Biden Halts Approval For LNG Export Terminals


The Biden Administration will indefinitely pause Approvals, for New Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Export Terminals along the U.S. Coastline, dealing a Blow to a booming Industry and giving a Win to Climate Campaigners.

The U.S. is the World’s biggest Exporter of LNG, with the number of Cargoes shipped growing rapidly, since the First set Sail from Louisiana in 2016. The European Energy Crisis triggered by Moscow’s Full-Scale Invasion of Ukraine, bolstered Demand as Countries searched to replace Gas piped in from Russia.

But the U.S. Industry’s multibillion-dollar Lliquefaction Plants, have become a Target for Climate Activists who argue that the rapidly expanding Infrastructure will lock in reliance on Fossil Fuels for Decades to come.

The Pause from the Department of Energy, will temporarily Halt Pending Applications from 17 Projects awaiting Approval to Proceed.

The move comes as Biden enters an Election year, keen to Secure the support of Younger and Climate-conscious Voters, who helped Him win His First term. Many felt let down after the Administration gave a greenlight to ConocoPhillips’ Willow Oil Project on Federal Land in Alaska last year.

“During this period, we will take a hard look at the effects of LNG exports on energy costs, America’s energy security, and our environment,” Biden said. “This pause on new LNG approvals sees the climate crisis for what it is: the existential threat of our time.”

The European Commission was informed about the U.S. announcement in advance, an EU Energy Official said. It was told the Review entailed a Temporary Pause in Approvals of future Exports and an Exemption for immediate National Security Emergencies. “Therefore, this pause will not have any short-to-medium term impacts on the EU’s security of supply,” the Official said.

“The EU and the US have built a solid energy partnership: we are fully committed to ensure energy security while also forging ahead on domestic and global climate action,” the Official added.

U.S. Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm (D), told Reporters that as U.S. LNG Exports surged it was “critical” for Her Department to “remain a responsible actor” as it looked at whether the additional Volumes were “in the public interest”, a Determination required under Federal Law.

“The pause will not affect already-authorised exports, nor will it impact our ability to supply our allies in Europe, Asia or other recipients of already-authorised exports,” She said.

Although Natural Gas is Cleaner than other Fossil Fuel alternatives, it still releases substantial amounts of Carbon Dioxide, the most prevalent Greenhouse Gas, when burnt. Methane, the Main component of Natural Gas, has more Heat-Trapping Power than CO₂ when it Leaks into the Atmosphere.

The White House said the Energy Department’s current Economic and Environmental Models, were roughly Five years old and No longer adequately accounted for the Effects on Domestic Energy Costs or the latest Assessments of Emissions. The Administration added that it wanted to guard against Pollution Risks for Communities living near New Export Facilities.

“One of the questions we have to ask is — what is the impact of all this additional LNG on reducing greenhouse gas emissions in countries that might fuel switch from coal to LNG?” said a Senior U.S. Official, speaking about the Energy Department’s Review of its Approval Process.

“What is the impact of creating permanent infrastructure in countries that have said they might move away from fossil fuels altogether? This is an important question to look at, what are the implications globally for this level of export.”

The U.S. last year, surpassed Qatar and Australia to become the World’s Leading supplier of LNG, which is Natural Gas Supercooled and Condensed so that it can be Economically carried on Ships. Its Seven Operating Terminals can produce as much as 87mn tonnes a year, enough to satisfy the combined Gas needs of Germany and France.

Five more Projects that are already Approved and under Construction, will add another 63mn tonnes of Capacity a year. They are being developed by Companies including New York-listed Cheniere Energy and NextDecade, as well as a Joint Venture of QatarEnergy and ExxonMobil.

Projects later in the Queue now appear Stalled, unless the Energy Department restarts Approvals. These include Venture Global’s CP2 in Louisiana, which attracted extra Scrutiny from Campaigners, as the Single Largest LNG Project proposed to date.

German Companies have been among Venture Global’s Biggest Customers, as the Country increases its Capacity to Import LNG, since Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine. State-backed Securing Energy for Europe, the German successor Company to Russia’s Gazprom Subsidiary, signed a 20-year Contract for Supplies from CP2 last June.

The German Ministry for the Economy and Climate, said the Country’s current Security of Supply would Not be Interrupted by Biden’s Announcement.

Questions have nevertheless been raised about what the Halt might mean, for Plans to significantly Increase LNG Imports in Future. “We are closely monitoring the situation in the USA,” the Ministry said. “We can’t make any assessments yet because we don’t speculate.”

Some earlier this week, Warned that a Halt to Project Approvals would “shock the global energy market, having the impact of an economic sanction, and send a devastating signal to our allies that they can no longer rely on the United States”.

Senator John Cornyn (R-TX), blasted the Project Review as a form of “climate wokeism”. “As multiple wars rage and global threats continue to emerge, this bureaucratic decision abandons our friends and allies, jeopardises our national security, and threatens our energy industry,” He said.









NYC Wins When Everyone Can Vote! Michael H. Drucker


Judge Shocked By Efforts To Rewrite History Of Jan. 6 Attack


A Senior Judge for the D.C. District Court issued a scathing Rebuke, of those He says are trying to "Rewrite History" of the Jan. 6 Assault on the U.S. Capitol, writing He has been "Shocked" to see some Public Figures attempt to label the Perpetrators of the Violence that day as "Hostages."

"I have been dismayed to see distortions and outright falsehoods seep into the public consciousness," Ssenior Judge Royce Lamberth, with nearly 40 years of Judicial experience, said in a Written Ruling Thursday. "I have been shocked to watch some public figures try to rewrite history, claiming rioters behaved 'in an orderly fashion' like ordinary tourists, or martyrizing convicted January 6 defendants as 'political prisoners' or even, incredibly, 'hostages.' That is all preposterous." Trump has referred to Jan. 6 Defendants as "Hostages."

"But the Court fears that such destructive, misguided rhetoric could presage further danger to our country," Lamberth added.

Lamberth's comments came as part of a Ruling, tied to a Sentencing of a Jan. 6 Defendant, Convicted of Misdemeanor Offenses, James Little, who has sought to Argue He's the Victim of a Political Prosecution. Little was initially Ordered to be Sentenced to 60 days in Jail and Three years on Probation. Little Appealed and Federal Appeals Court, sent it back to Lamberth for Resentencing, even though Little had already Completed His Incarceration.

Lamberth has presided over many other High-Profile Jan. 6 Cases including Jacob Chansley, known as the "QAnon Shaman," and Christopher Worrell, the Former Proud Boys Member who went Missing just before He was set to be Sentenced for His Role in Jan. 6.

"The Court is accustomed to defendants who refuse to accept that they did anything wrong," Lamberth wrote in Response to Little's Claims. "But in my thirty-seven years on the bench, I cannot recall a time when such meritless justifications of criminal activity have gone mainstream."

"The Court cannot condone the shameless attempts by Mr. Little or anyone else to misinterpret or misrepresent what happened," Lamberth said. "It cannot condone the notion that those who broke the law on January 6 did nothing wrong, or that those duly convicted with all the safeguards of the United States Constitution, including a right to trial by jury in felony cases, are political prisoners or hostages."









NYC Wins When Everyone Can Vote! Michael H. Drucker


NJ Two New Offshore Wind Farms


Stung by the Pullout of the World's largest Offshore Wind Developer, from Two Projects off the New Jersey Coast last Fall, State Energy Regulators Approved Two New Wind Farm Projects, saying they remain committed to making the State a Leader in the nascent Offshore Wind Industry.

Both the Projects chosen by the State Board of Public Utilities, would be considerably farther Offshore than earlier Projects, that generated significant Opposition from Onshore Communities, One of whose concerns was that the Turbines would be visible on the Horizon from the Beach.

The Board chose Projects called: Leading Light Wind and Attentive Energy, which together would generate enough Electricity to Power 1.8 million Homes, the Board's President, Christine Guhl-Sadovy said.

But in Statements announcing their Applications last year, the Companies gave a combined total of 1.6 million Homes, slightly less than the Number given by State Officials.









NYC Wins When Everyone Can Vote! Michael H. Drucker