Friday, September 14, 2012

My Self-Imposed Term Limits

Yesterday, New York had its State and Local Primaries.

After eight years, 4 terms, I did not run for the State Committee.

There are a number of reasons for not partitioning this year. We had redistricting and the State Executive Committee changed the makeup of the committee by using Senate districts instead of Assembly districts as who you would represent. I would have to start over learning the needs of the new voters who I would represent. Then there is the issue of the New York City Organizations split from the State Committee on almost all issues. Finally I turned 68 this year and slowing down and smelling the roses was in order.

So instead of doing the political operations before a primary, Barbara and I went on a long planned vacation to Turkey and visited the European and Asian side of Istanbul up to the Black Sea area.

I am still a member of the Manhattan County Committee, will still be a member of the New York City Executive Committee, and will continue this blog.









NYC Wins When Everyone Can Vote!

Michael H. Drucker
Technorati talk bubble Technorati Tag in Del.icio.us Digg! StumbleUpon

No comments: