Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Grassroots 2.0

I just read this blog post and found I was going to post about this subject today. Here in NY we do Grassroots 1.0 and hope to grow this year to 2.0. We do alot of one-on-one: I go door knocking each summer to get partitions signed, I hand deliver hand-written letters about issues and actions to take, we have monthly "Politics for the People" classes to discuss issues, I work the street with candidates to press-the-flesh.

As a IT Executive with 40+ years of international experience I can put together a 2.0 cookbook. But will I be able to make that contact (press-the-flesh) work the same as 1.0? After watching the current candidates' web sites and how they have started using multimedia, I think we can.

I am redesigning two sites: www.ipnyc.org and www.neoindependent.com and hope I bring them forward to a 2.0 world.

Michael H. Drucker
Technorati talk bubble Technorati Tag in Del.icio.us Digg! StumbleUpon

No comments: