The United States Pirate Party (USPP) was founded in 2006 by Brent Allison and Alex English.
There platform is aligned with the International Pirate Movement.
They support and work toward:
- Reformation of intellectual property (IP) laws
- True governmental transparency
- Protection of privacy and civil liberties
- Evidence-based policies
- Egalitarianism (A belief in human equality especially with respect to social, political, and economic affairs )
- Working against corporate person-hood and welfare
They believe that people, not corporations, come first.
The party's national organization has existed in multiple incarnations since its 2006 founding. Its most recent is the Pirate National Committee (PNC), formed in 2012 as a coalition of state parties. It tracks and assists the growth and development of newly-formed state parties across the nation.
The current Chair of the Pirate National Committee is Andrew Norton.
As of January 2013, there were 8 member-state parties of the PNC:
CLICK HERE for The United States Pirate Party website.
NYC Wins When Everyone Can Vote! Michael H. Drucker